Laser Engraving Machines offer precision and speed that other methods do not boast. They utilize a beam that allows the controller to trace patterns onto the target surface. A laser engraving machines let you control the direction, intensity, speed of movement, and spread of the laser beam. By connecting to your computer, engrave an unlimited number of graphics on a wide range of materials. Check out the laser engraving machines below with unique features.
You may check this out Best Cheap Laser Printer In 2020
Top 10 Best Laser Engraving Machines in 2020
10. laser engraving machine Laser Engraver Printer
|Laser Engraver laser engraving machine 3000mw laser class 4 Off-line Upgrade Version CNC Pro DIY...||$294.99||Buy on Amazon|
You pay $295, and in return, you get a high-quality and durable laser engraving machine. CNC Pro DIY works fantastically on IC cards, mobile phone cases, wallets, wood, bamboo, plastic, kraft paper, and acrylic.
CNC Pro DIY has an engraving range of 6.8 x 6.1 inches, which should provide you with more than enough space. It features grayscale printing and low-light positioning, which makes it the ideal product for amateurs.
9. QIILU Mini Laser Engraver
|Qiilu 1500mw Laser Engraver Printer Laser Engraving Machine DIY USB CNC Router Cutting Carver...||$176.79||Buy on Amazon|
The laser-engraving machine from QIILU you can buy at an affordable price new and used. One of the apparatus best features is you can control it using your mobile phone or PC. The laser head adjusts easily, and it has a powerful cooling fan to use the unit for a long time.
Further, the software is set up with multiple languages to use. Using the engraver does have a learning curve, but you need persistence to get familiar with the functions. The manual is simple to use, and you can adjust or swap the laser head. Another fantastic thing is you can use with various materials from plastic, bamboo, to wood.
The only fabric mentioned you cannot use it on is glass, stone, and metals. You can use it with your iOS, but there have been reports that it is fiddly and not as user-friendly as the Android OS. Further, it works with Windows and Mac as well.
8. SUNWIN Desktop Laser Engraving Machine
|SUNWIN 40X50CM 12V USB Desktop Laser Engraving Machine DIY Logo Picture Marking (500MW)||Buy on Amazon|
For the hobby level engraver enthusiast, we have the desktop SUNWIN model. The price tag is reasonable and is an excellent machine for non-commercial use. The installation process is simple and only available in English. The exteriors durable with the aluminum frame and come with a cooling fan.
You can use it with any material, but many users complain you cannot use it for long periods at a time. Some customers found the do it yourself assembly a minus point and difficult. However, putting the negatives aside, the laser engraver is perfect for the newbie to do laser cutting and engraving.
Instead of receiving a manual, you get a link from the company to download the video tutorial. However, we recommend you watch the whole tutorial before assembling anything. There is a small cooling fan to keep temperatures down.
7. 2 IN 1 5.5W Laser Engraver CNC 3018 Pro Engraving Machine
|2 in 1 5500mW Engraver CNC 3018 Pro Engraving Machine, GRBLControl PCB PVC Wood Router CNC 3 Axis...||$329.00||Buy on Amazon|
Titoe CNC 3018Pro Engraving Machine costs around $330. It works perfectly on carve wood, acrylic, plastic, soft metal like copper, PCB CCL, and aluminium. The machine has an offline option when you don’t have your laptop with you.
The laser engraving machine has a 5500mW laser head. Its features are endless and incredible. A fixed heat sink and an external fan ensure your machine never overheats. The laser machine has an engraving area of 300 x 180 x 45 mm, which fits most projects.
6. 7W Laser Engraver CNC 3018 Pro GRBL
|7W Laser Engraver CNC 3018 Pro GRBL Control Engraving Machine, 3 Axis PCB Milling Carving Machine...||$385.00||Buy on Amazon|
YOFULLY CNC 3018-PRO has an offline option, so you don’t have to connect to your computer. Engrave on plastic, wood, acrylic, PVC, wood, and PCB. It has an adjustable focal length, which makes it suitable for different industrial usages.
It has an aluminium sink, so it does not overheat. Its engraving area of 300 x 180 x 45mm provides you with ample space. The laser engraving machine works seamlessly with JPG, BMP, SVG.
5. TEN-HIGH EN Laser Engraver
|TEN-HIGH CO2 engrave Machine, 40W 300x400mm Laser Engraving Machine with Exhaust Fan USB Port||$1,430.00||Buy on Amazon|
For a mid-range laser engraving machine, the 40-watt TEN-HIGH EN is perfect to use at home. The USA-based provider offers outstanding customer support. Further, you can use it with all non-metal materials and comes with CorelLaser. For setting up the machine, you get a video tutorial and USB port.
You can use it to engrave on painted metal surfaces as well but does not engrave deep. There have been minor complaints that the CorelLaser program is slow so best to install CorelDraw instead. Further, you will have to contact the company for the user’s software, operating video, and manual.
You can connect it to any Windows device with the included USB cable. Furthermore, just the fact that it does not have English setup is frustrating.
4. Orion Motor Tech Laser Engraver
|Orion Motor Tech 50W CO2 Laser Engraving Machine 20” x 12” Laser Engraver Cutter with Rotary...||Buy on Amazon|
While the Orion Motor Tech is our top pick we are sure, you will find it one of the best as well. With the box-like construction, it offers you user-friendly laser engraving suitable for home use. You can use it with non-metal fabrics and comes with water-break protection to keep you and the device safe.
What makes the apparatus excellent are the predrilled holes to upgrade the machine. The customer service is excellent, but the setup is on the fiddly side. Another problem is it is a better etcher than a cutter. You can use it in a small business as well and can upgrade it from 50W to 60W by changing the laser tube.
The device offers you the flexibility to use it with a wide selection of materials accept metal or too soft fabric. We do recommend you watch the setup video tutorials to assemble the laser-engraving machine and have some patience. However, if you do run into problems the tech team offers an excellent after-sale service.
3. Titoe Upgrade 3000mw Laser Engraver CNC Engraving Machine
|Titoe Upgrade 3000mw Laser Engraver CNC Engraving Machine Mini DIY Desktop Engraver Router Wood...||$269.00||Buy on Amazon|
Titoe Mini DIY is a fantastic laser engraving machine for both veterans and beginners. It comes in 2 parts, which are easy to assemble. Tighten the fixing screws, connect the data lines, and you are good to go.
A 3000W laser tube guarantees a high precision module. Titoe Mini DIY features a built-in cooling fan, which ensures that the machine works at optimum all the time. It has a smart red-light location for precision and speed.
2.TEN-HIGH Upgraded CO2 Laser Engraving Machine
|TEN-HIGH Upgraded Version CO2 400x600mm 50W 120V Laser Engraving Cutting Machine with USB Port||$3,308.00||Buy on Amazon|
For our penultimate pick, look at the upgraded TEN-HIGH model. The 200 lb beast looks similar to a BBQ but has more to offer than making food. The machine is ready to use and made with a lift platform. The laser energy you can adjust and comes with a front-end double door.
Further, it supports all non-metal materials but does have a high price tag and is heavy with a learning curve. For the price, it does not have a temperature control system but is sturdy and offers a decent engraving speed. The after-sales service is top-notch if you ever are stuck.
For commercial use, the price is affordable and should pay for itself in no time. You get USB connectivity and works mostly with non-metal surfaces and use it to engrave on painted metal surfaces but should get better results with the 60W version instead.
You get CorelDraw included but have some issues with the Chinese-only software. Furthermore, You can find an English version but need to request it when making your purchase.
1. Mophorn Laser Engraving Machine
|Mophorn Laser Engraving Machine 40w CO2 Laser Engraver 12x8Inch K40 Laser Cutter USB Port LCD...||Buy on Amazon|
Mophorn Laser Engraving Machine has wheels, which makes easily movable. It has a pretty wide application including, but not limited to rubber, acrylics, bamboo, wooden, and paper. The laser machine is popular in seal and stamp engraving, packing and printing, and advertising industries.
Mophorn Laser Engraving Machine has a working area of 12×8 inch, which is more than enough for most tasks. Enjoy an incredible cutting speed of 0.04-11.81 inch/s, and an engraving speed of 0.04-0.39 inch/s. Mophorn Laser Engraving Machine has an outstanding engraving cutting precision of 2500dpi. Simply the best.
Which Laser Engraving Machine Do You Need?
Whether you need a DIY Home to commercial laser engraving machine, we hope our list can help. The majority of engraving/cutting units offer you smooth operation and highly efficient when used. You can find one made with high speeds and free maintenance to use at home.
Choose a desktop design to freestanding model to help start your engraving business from the comfort of your home. Each apparatus comes with safety such as cooling fans with adjustable lasers and more. No matter what your needs are, we know there is a model on the list that you like.
What are the criteria to consider when choosing a laser engraving machine?
Buying the most suitable laser engraving machine gets tricky. There is an array of quality products, and equally products, which complicates it. Be sure to consider the factors outlined below.
- Purpose of the laser engraving machine- Do you plan to work on wood, plastic, paper, acrylic, or metals? Different machine work different on different materials. Some work with all materials. You also need to consider the nature of your products. It’s cheaper to land an engraving machine for flat objects as opposed to cylindrical ones.
- Resolution- Different materials have different mass compositions, which means they need different resolutions to engrave. Most machines with 400 DPI have good images, while 600 DPI is the standard for quality images. If you are looking for exceptional quality images, you will find laser engraving machines with up to 1200 DPI, which will obviously cost you more.
- Speed- Be sure to get a laser engraving machine that does not derail the speed and output of your firm.
- Maintenance cost- Some of the expenses you need to consider include power bills. You also need to consider its maintenance. How readily available are spare parts when you need some?
- Budget- The price of the machine is always a huge factor. There will always be a product, even for the meanest budget. Ensure you don’t compromise on quality.
Why should you have a laser engraving machine?
Acquiring a laser engraving machine for your business could be the one thing you need to reach a new milestone. These machines interface with a computer, and allow you to layout design, insert type and scale the art as needed. The market offers a wide range of laser engraving machines for many materials. Here are some of the benefits of having one.
- Engraving with laser machines is quick unlike manual engraving
- They are efficient with quality images
- Laser engraving machines work on a range of materials
- They are relatively affordable with minimum maintenance cost. No need to outsource.
How to use a laser engraving machine?
A laser engraving machine will come in handy when you need simple 2D images, graphic designs or detailed 3D objects. Setting up and operating the machine does not require rocket science. Below are some guidelines to follow for beginners.
- Connect the laser engraving machine to your computer. Both Vector files and Bitmap files are compatible. It is advisable to mask the surface of the object with tape, for instance. It ensures the smoke from the engraving does leave stains. Ensure you have the right settings (Speed and appropriate frequency) by checking the presets on your computer. Conduct a test on scrap material to ensure it is ready.
- Ensure your material fits inside the work area, and adjust accordingly if need be.
- Use the focusing lens inside the laser head. Ensure the focus point is on the material surface or just below. Move the motorized up and down to set the focus distance.
- The only thing remaining is to run the printing process on the computer. Most laser engraving machines have a repetitive positioning accuracy of up to 0.02mm. Assemble multiple parts and designs in one file for quick printing. Add a light vector score to the edge if you need some extra sharpness.
- Use the red dot for precision.
Laser engraving machines have gotten better over time. They make drawing on hard surfaces incredibly gorgeous. It could be the boost that your production line needs to boost sales. These machines are of incredible quality and fast. They deliver images that manual work cannot do at a short time. It is crucial to be careful when choosing a suitable laser engraving machine for your business. Speed and precision are paramount. There are no technicalities in operating them. Take good care of the equipment for a long-life service. Laser machines do not come better than the above products.
You may be interested in Top 10 Best Laser Measuring Tool for Architects and Engineers