If gardening is your hobby, you may want to get one of these large plant pots to plant your flowers, plants, weeds, vegetables or any greenery that you want.
You may check this:
Top 10 Best Large Plant Pots in 2020
10. Gold Stripes Ceramic Pot Bundle
|Gold Stripes Ceramic Pot Bundle - 12 Inch Large Planter and 6 Inch Medium Planter - Decorative...||Buy on Amazon|
This Willowy ceramic pot bundle includes one large planter measuring 11.5 inches wide and 9.5 inches tall, and one small planter measuring 5.75 inches wide and 4.75 inches tall. The large plant pots are great for house plants such as snake plants. The small pot is perfect for succulants like Aloe. The decorative pebbles will complete the look.
Perfect as a top dressing for succulents with gold stripes design, includes one 11.5″ pot and one 5.75″ pot.
- Package Dimensions 14 x 14 x 12 inches
- Item Weight 15.95 pounds
9. Full Depth Round Cylinder Pot
These multipurpose, modern style planters, are a perfect complement to your interior or exterior décor. Each are equipped with built-in trays to protect decks, patios, and indoor surfaces from water damage. These lightweight, sturdy plastic pots are built to last for years and years.
Easily place on a plant stand, on the floor, or on the shelf to add a sophisticated, contemporary look. These stylish planters have a beautiful glossy finish and are the perfect alternative to heavy, expensive, and fragile ceramic pots. These cylinder pots are easy to move around, affordable, and will last through the seasons
- Product Dimensions 12.2 x 12.2 x 12 inches
- Item Weight 1.65 pounds
8.INSPIRELLA Modern Flower Indoor Planter Pot
|INSPIRELLA Modern Flower Pot Indoor Planter - 5 inch, Glazed Cement, Small Plant Pots for Indoor and...||$22.99||Buy on Amazon|
Here we have a premier ceramic planter with a stylish design that is handmade with a good weight. You can use it to plant flowers indoors and outdoors. The planter adds décor style to any home with the ceramic design, and you can use it with fake plants as well. Furthermore, you do not need a saucer as it has a no drain hole design and works well on keeping your table dry. Lastly, each pot painted by hand as well. The product has a size of 5.11 x 5.11 x 4.54 inches with a weight of 2.07 pounds
- Premier ceramic design
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor use
- No need of using a saucer
- Size: 5.11 x 5.11 x 4.54 inches
- Weight: 2.07 pounds
7. Classic Home and Garden 72 Whiskey Barrel
|Classic Home and Garden 72 Whiskey Barrel, 15", Distressed Oak||$14.99||Buy on Amazon|
The classic whiskey barrel planter in a Distressed Oak finish with antique pewter colored bands. Lightweight & durable high density resin construction. Uv protected to prevent color from fading & delivered with drainage holes for outdoor use.
Uv coated finish protects color from fading. Delivered with drainage holes for outdoor use.
- Product Dimensions 15 x 15 x 10.2 inches
- Item Weight 1.3 pounds
6.Suncast Resin Outdoor Large Round Planter
|Suncast Resin Outdoor Large Round Planter - Lightweight Modern Flower Pot for Plants, Foliage,...||$54.99||Buy on Amazon|
Put a sophisticated spin to your patio with the Suncast Seneca 16 Inch Large Round Planter. With its beautiful glazed exterior & rich colors, this planter is the best way to show off your favorite flowers. The lightweight durable resin construction is tough enough to endure the elements of the outdoors & will be the perfect accent to any living space.
With a 16″ width and 14″ height, this planter is the perfect size to compliment a garden or patio.Modern two-tone, blue/brown color scheme adds a touch of flair to any environment.
- Product Dimensions 16 x 16 x 14 inches
- Item Weight 3.1 pounds
5. UooMay Ceramic Planter
|UooMay Ceramic Plant Pot Flower Planters - 6.5" and 5.3" with Drainage Hole Pots, Garden Flower...||$29.99||Buy on Amazon|
The next large plant pot has a hand-painted design and comes in a set of two with a large and small planting container. The authentic design of ceramic makes it durable and long-lasting to use. Furthermore, it has drainage holes at the bottom for added protection for the plants. You get a rubber plug if you want to hang your flowers indoors to keep it dry. On the other hand, it makes for perfect gifts as well. The large pot measures 5.5 x 6.5 and the smaller one 5.3 x 5.3 inches.
- Set of two pots a large and small one
- Made with ceramic without drainage holes
- Comes with a plug for hanging and keeping the floor dry
- Size: 5.5 x 6.5 and 5.3 x 5.3
4. Rivet Mid-Century Ceramic Planter with Iron Stand 9.1″H
|Amazon Brand – Rivet Mid-Century Ceramic Planter with Iron Stand 9.1"H, Pale Green||$30.99||Buy on Amazon|
This two-tone round stoneware planter is an attractive piece on its own. Combined with an iron shelf/stand, it makes a mid-century style statement in addition to holding plants. Planter and shelf can be used together or separately.
7.6″ Diameter x 9.1″H when on stand.
- Product Dimensions 6.9 x 6.9 x 11.2 inches
- Item Weight 3.6 pounds
3. POTEY Cotton Rope Woven Plant Basket with Water Hyacinth
|POTEY 700102 Cotton Rope Woven Plant Basket with Water Hyacinth - Modern Indoor Large Pot Basket for...||$21.98||Buy on Amazon|
Plant basket for house plant will add a modern flair to your favorite large plant for home decor.
Use as a plant pot cover to decorate potted house planter, beautify your favorite plants, They will match well with your fiddle leaf fig tree, statement cactus, aloe or snake plant, etc.
- Materials: Cotton Rope and Water Hyacinth
- Color: Cream White and Light Grass Yellow
- Size: Approximate 12″ Diameter x 12″ High
2. Rivet Rustic Crosshatch Indoor Outdoor Flower Plant Pot
|Amazon Brand – Rivet Rustic Stoneware Crosshatch Indoor Outdoor Flower Plant Pot, 8.7"H, Silver||$36.49||Buy on Amazon|
With or without a plant, this pot will add class and sophistication to any room. The exterior is white with an electroplated silver colored finish, and the interior is metallic silver color. This piece will bridge modern and classic styles in your home.
The exterior is white with an electroplated silver colored finish, and the interior is metallic silver color.
- Product Dimensions 10 x 10 x 8.7 inches
- Item Weight 7.5 pounds
1. Bloem Freesia Planter w/Saucer
|Bloem Freesia Planter w/Saucer, 6", Deep Sea (FP0631), 6"||$6.99||Buy on Amazon|
Add a touch of elegance to your garden or home with this charming Bloem Freesia planter. It is crafted from polypropylene, so it is durable and can be used both inside or outside no matter the weather.
The design features beautiful natural decorative embellishments in a high gloss polished texture.
- Product Dimensions 17 x 17 x 15 inches
- Item Weight 1 pounds
These 10 large plant pots with difference size and features to choose, whether from clays, metal or ceramic, makes your gardening experience easier than ever.
Read More: Best Plant Pot Stand In 2020
As you noticed, there are different large plant pots available with us to buy? However, before selecting any of the products, check out some interesting facts to help keep your flowers growing at all times without making a mess.
What Should You Put Under a Pot Plant?
For any plant to survive, it needs water but can become a mess if you do plan on using the large pot planter indoors. You do not want the flora to sit in too much water as well as it will cause the plant to die.
Therefore, it helps to have the correct drainage to help the plant flourish and keep the surface underneath dry. You can do the following:
- Provide double drainage to prevent the plant from sitting in the water. The large plant pots reviewed will work well for this purpose as it will hold the roots in the potting soil. Make sure the container you use has drainage available and place it in a larger pot without drainage filled with an inch or two of pebbles, marbles, or gravel.
- Now, if you only want to use a single pot without drainage holes, then using non-porous material can help provide a barrier between the bottom and the water. Pebbles is one of the best obstacles to use as it does not hold water and will run past it to sit at the bottom. You can use an inch or two-layered at the bottom before adding soil.
- You can find some ceramic or clay pots fused with a drainage tray that comprises small holes drilled into the bottom and sides of the containers. The excess water will run through the holes and remains on the plate and needs emptying often.
- Lastly, if you have decided on one of the plant pots available without drainage holes, you can buy a separate tray to place beneath the planter.
Why Do You Need To Clean Plant Pots?
Whether you have bought a new plant pot or dug out some old ones, it needs a cleaning as it can accumulate diseases causing plants to die. Therefore, it helps to clean the container first before planting anything inside it, especially if it is a clay pot as the mineral salt damages plants. The best is to disinfect the planting container with one part bleach and nine parts water for up to ten minutes. Now, place the pot in a dishwashing liquid and water solution. For clay pots, you can use a brush or steel wool for removing organic deposits and debris. Once cleaned, soak them in clean water and leave it there until needed.
How Do You Plant a Flower in a Large Plant Pot?
With a large planter, you can transform your porch to add curb appeal to any home. One thing sure everyone will notice your large planter with beautiful flowers standing on the street. Furthermore, you can grow multiple plants in your single pot, making it easier to develop and transplant to the bigger one.
The first steps to decide where you want to place the pot as once it is filled with the soil you are not able to move it. Also, take the shade and sun into consideration to make the plants thrive. Then select a planter with popping color to complement the home outside.
Now it is time to select your plants and make sure it will grow in the location you place the container. For planting, you will need a lot of soil to fill the planter, making it bulky. Fill the planter with the ground while making a hole for the plant to be transferred with its soil. Close up the hole around the plant and give it the required water.
Furthermore, never over water your plants when in a large plant pot as it takes longer for the plant to dry as the topsoil may be dry but damp to the bottom. The best is to stick your finger into the soil as deep as you can to determine if it needs watering.
What Can You Do To Use Less Potting Soil in a Large Plant Pot?
There is no need to fill up a large planter with only soil as it can become expensive as well. Before filling it up with topsoil, you can add other materials to fill up space and helps with recycling at the same time. Here are some filters you can use:
- Old broken clay pots broken into similar sizes helps to fill up the open space at the bottom of the container. You can fill it up to two inches and helps improve drainage at the same time.
- Broken paving stones or bricks are also great to use to fill up pots to 1/3 before throwing in the soil.
- Other materials such as two-liter plastic bottles, aluminum cans, milk jugs, and pebbles are also great to use.
When filling up with any of the fillings, make sure to place landscape fabric over it before throwing in the soil.
How Do You Measure the Size of a Plant Pot?
As flower pots come in different shapes and sizes and you want a standard plastic, clay, or ceramic container, you may it marked on the side or bottom. However, if you cannot find the size and volume, you can do the following:
Start by measuring up using a tape measurer by stretching it from one side of the rim of the pot to the other to determine the diameter for measuring the depth, place the tape measurer on the side of the planter and pull it down to the ground for round pots.
Measuring square or rectangular pots use the tape measure to get the distance between each of the opposite rims for the length and width.
Alternatively, you can check the specs available online to determine how big the planter is. As you can see, there are some things you need to know before buying a plant pot online.