A Cable signal booster increases the ability of the television to have clear signals, especially when the source is the same. These cables work well in places where there are many television sets, but the source is one. These places include hotels, bars, restaurants, and even in homes with different rooms. Here are the best cable signal boosters in the year 2021.
Best Cable Signal Booster in 2021
15. 4-Port Cable TV/Antenna/HDTV/Internet Digital Signal
- Offer 5 years warranty for Amplifier
- Help improves UHF/VHF/FM Antenna Reception
- It is compatible with Cable TV, OTA Antennas (Analog or Digital as long as they are non-amplified)
- Its package includes Amplifier, Power Supply, 36″ coaxial cable and two 75-ohm port terminators.
|4-Port Cable TV/Antenna/HDTV/Internet Digital Signal Amplifier/Booster/Splitter with Passive Return,...||$48.68||Buy on Amazon|
This one comes with 4 ports that provides increasing speed up to +7.5 db per port. It helps reduce the snow and prevent its image pixilation through digital cable. You can use it with all type of standard digital cable TV services. Moreover it also increase the signal strength 5 times up to 8Db featuring helping your analog, digital and HDTV picture quality too.
14. 4-Port Cable TV/Antenna/HDTV/Internet Digital
- Its packages includes Amplifier, Power Supply with two 75-ohm terminators
- Each port give a minimum gain of +0dB @ 54MHz up to +7.5dB gain at 1000MHz speed
- It is compatible with all antenna or cable TV usage
- With all SCTE Standards built-in
- Its volts range is 6 Kv and its temperature is around -40 to +60 ºC
|4-Port Cable TV/Antenna/HDTV/Internet Digital Signal Amplifier/Booster/Splitter/Equalizer with...||$39.87||Buy on Amazon|
This signal amplifier comes with one input and 4 outputs ports. You can connect to more than 1 device such as multiple tv or more without decreasing its signal quality. No worry about its connectivity availability since it is suitable with all standard digital cable TV services.
13. Winegard LNA-200 Boost XT HDTV Preamplifier
- Its Antenna: Television
- Its Brand: Winegard
- Its Color: Black
- Works with any passive/non-amplified antenna
- Maximum Gain (typical): 18 dB
- Noise Figure (typical): 1dB
- Power: +5V at 130mA
|Winegard LNA-200 Boost XT HDTV Preamplifier, TV Antenna Amplifier Signal Booster, HD Digital VHF UHF...||$41.99||Buy on Amazon|
Winegard brand started since 1954 where all of its products is famous for its specialty in design its satellite and terrestrial communications technology devices. Users can install this cable signal on any outdoor non-amplified TV antenna via its UHF and VHF technology. Its bandpass filters help remove all interfering RG signals which hinder your signal speed. You can use it with any non-amplified antenna as well.
12. PCT 8 Port Bi-Directional Cable TV Splitter Signal
- It has 8 ports that come with forward and reverse direction
- Supports operation from -40 degress to +140 degrees F
- It is compatible with cable modem or VoIP phone device
|PCT 8 Port Bi-Directional Cable TV Splitter Signal Booster/Amplifier with Active Return Zero Signal...||$84.97||Buy on Amazon|
If you need a lot of ports cable signal booster than this might be yours. It comes with 8 ports that you can use it with any type of device even with cable modem. All ports contains the same signal level with its input port carrying. Especially with its forward and reverse direction ports, you can connect it easily with any devices which are compatible with.
11. Antennas Direct 8-Port TV Distribution Amplifier
- Offers 4.5 Db speed per port
- Has weatherproof for indoor and outdoor however its power inserter can be used indoor only
- It offers 90 days warranty on its parts
- Its connector type is F connector
- Its package also includes with Output Tv and Distribution Amplifier (8 Way), distribution amplifier, power inserter, 3ft coaxial cable, and user guide book
|Antennas Direct 8-Port TV Distribution Amplifier, Connect up to 8 Televisions to 1 Antenna, Power...||$55.64||Buy on Amazon|
This Antennas direct cable booster also comes with multiple port which is 8 total ports. If you need a cable booster to connect with many TVs at same times so you can consider with this one. It also offers weatherproof for your inside and outside of your house. However its power inserter cannot be used outdoor.
10. 9 Port Bi-Directional Cable TV Signal Booster
- 6kV surge protection
- PTC Short- circuit protection
- A self-resetting circuit that protects against short-circuits
- The amplifier is waterproof
- Modem port to connect VoIP equipment
|9 Port Bi-Directional Cable TV Splitter Signal Booster/Amplifier with Active Return Zero Signal Loss...||$56.87||Buy on Amazon|
The Antrronix VRA series Cable signal booster has full compatibility with all TV services. It adds capabilities that other products cannot provide. The booster has a full set of 8 amplified output ports, and the ports carry the same signal level in the forward and reverse direction.
Powder-coated Aluminum housing provides the cable signal booster with corrosion-resistant against salt, rust and fog. The amplifier has a 5year warranty, thus being of high quality.
9. Arris 4-port bi-directional cable TV
- Weather Seal
- Highly Compatible
- High Quality
|Arris 4-Port Cable, Modem, TV, OTA, Satellite HDTV Amplifier Splitter Signal Booster with Active...||$65.69||Buy on Amazon|
This product is for home use because of its simplicity. This cable is highly compatible with all TV amplifiers. IT gives a signal boost of up to five times the standard view.
The cable manufactures used high technology that meets IEEE surge standards for all output ports. This cable signal booster is not affected by changes in weather conditions. It doubles use both indoor and outdoor
Check this out Best Digital Coaxial Cable
8. Amplifier, cable TV RF Broadband 15db gain one output
- Weather seal
|Amplifier, Cable TV RF Broadband 15dB Gain One Output 5-1002Mhz w/ Power Adapter||$17.49||Buy on Amazon|
This product is of high quality with 15db gain one output and a power adapter. It contains a nickel plate that does not corrode.
The cable booster contains high-quality materials that do not result even after heavy rainfall. It provides 6kV surge protection that prevents lightening. It generates very low noise when in use.
7. 4K2K 1080P 3 HDMI Booster
- Fast in signal transmission
- No need for extra power
- Works well with HDMI cables
|4K2K 1080P 3D HDMI Booster, JerGO HDMI 2.0 Signal Amplifier Repeater Boost Up to 200ft Transmission...||$20.99||Buy on Amazon|
The above signal cable booster supports HDMI 2.0 and serial data rate of up to 6.0 Gbps. It is very fast without any loss of information or data.
This is tiny, and one can move with it from one place to the other. It works very well with HDMI cables making it the best cable signal booster. On many occasions, it does not need extra power to function.
6. Arris 1-Port Cable
- Compatible with all digital and standard cable TV services
- Not for use with a satellite dish system
- Not for use with any amplified antennas
|Arris 1-Port Cable, Modem, TV, OTA, HDTV Amplifier Signal Booster with Active Return And Coax Cable...||$59.76||Buy on Amazon|
Arris 2 –Port cable signal booster is the ideal product that gives your TV a signal boost and maintains full compatibility with all the cable services. It boosts your signal 12 times in the forward path.
The 2 –Port cable signal booster has a weather seal and protective coating. This design suits it for both indoor and outdoor applications.
5. Amplifier, cable TV RF Broadband
- Lightening resistant
- High-quality cable signal booster
- Highly compatible
|Amplifier, Cable TV RF Broadband 8dB Gain Four Output 5-1002Mhz w/ Power Adapter||$34.97||Buy on Amazon|
This set of cable signal booster comes with Amplifier and TV cable alone. The amp has four ports with a dynamic return path, which enhances an additional + 7.5 dB on each port. The signal cable is easy to connect and compatible with all kind of TV type,
The cable contains 6kv surge protection that protects it against lightning. A cable amplifier comprises 3db clean amplification of weak signals to overcome noise and weak signals. It has PTC short –circuit protection adapter that ensures there is no short-circuiting. 6 kV protections are sufficient to protect the amplifier from lightening.
4. Professional RF Cable TV Signal Amplifier
- Adjustable attenuation which reduces overload
- Adjustable tilt compensation to allow a proper balance of large systems
- A solution to solve interference, noise and weakness problems after distribution.
|Professional RF Cable TV Signal Amplifier with High 50dB Gain||$109.00||Buy on Amazon|
Professional RF Signal cable booster is the antenna signal amplifier with a high output of up to 50Db. It boosts digital cable TV, CCTV, RF TV signal for analogue, SMATV or any RF modulated TV signal.
The signal cable booster has an Anti-interference module design. An integrated advanced noise filter. It has thunder screw protection and an inbuilt AC for high voltage protection. Heat dissipation is provided for by the aluminum chassis.
You may check this Best AT&T Approved DSL Modems
3. HiBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home and Office
- High compatibility
- Hiboost amplifier
- End dropped call
- Faster data speed
- High coverage
- Excellent customer service
|HiBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster for Home and Office - Signal Booster Up to 800-3,000 Sq. ft -...||$379.99||Buy on Amazon|
The HiBoost Cell Phone Signal Booster has a high compatibility range. It is suitable for almost all US and Canadian service providers. The HiBoost app help ensure the fine-tuning for maximum power. This is done so every DB of data is available and real-time verification is made possible. These devices end dropped calls automatically and make proper usage of every bit of data. It is capable of providing stronger cellular connections and high-speed data to all available devices. This device ensures coverage over 800-2000 square feet outdoors. Needless to say, it is much more indoors.
You get three years’ worth of warranty at every purchase. The device is FCC and IC certified. Their customer service is commendable.
2. Antennas Direct 4-port TV Distribution Amplifier
- More reliable connections
- Highly compatible
|Antennas Direct 4-Port TV Distribution Amplifier, Connect Up to 4 Televisions to 1 Antenna, Power...||$45.49||Buy on Amazon|
This cable signal booster has four distribution ports and is connected directly to the antenna of the TV. The cable booster is best for indoor uses because it requires an external source of power to enhance a secure connection.
The cable signal boots connect a single TV to four rooms and enhance a reliable signal distribution. The distribution cable signal booster comes in different types, such as 4-ways and 8-ways channel Amp. Each point has a 7.5db amplification per point. The promoter is very reliable and compatible with all TVs.
1. Chanel master CM-3410 1-PORT
- Weather seal
- Highly compatible
- High quality
|Channel Master Ultra Mini TV Antenna Amplifier, TV Antenna Signal Booster for Improving Antenna or...||$34.00||Buy on Amazon|
Channel Master CM-3410 contains 1-point Ultra-small Distribution Amplifier for Cable and antenna signal. The cable signal booster withstands both high and low temperatures.
The cable manufacturing company adhered to international standards. It uses both alternating current and a direct power supply. The cable signal booster has 15db gain forward and a significant surge. It works well both indoor and outdoor.
Check it out: Outdoor Antenna
What are the factors to consider when buying a cable signal booster?
- When buying a cable signal booster, consider whether it’s for internal or external use. Most boosters are made for internal use. For an eternal booster, the power is transferred via antenna coax cable from the TV. Your external booster should be waterproof and withstands harsh weather conditions.
- A cable signal booster should not have too much gain. Gain is the level the booster increases signal strength and is usually measured in decibels, dB. 10 to 12 dB is the best standard quality. Your TV when fed with too much gain results to TV input overload and lead to a worse signal than the original.
- The compatible abilities of the cable signal booster with your television. When buying the booster, it is advisable to check whether it will serve your TV perfectly by being compatible with it. The right booster will enhance the signal strength to your wish.
- You should consider the purpose of the booster. It can be either domestic or for commercial purposes. The larger the area to serve, the larger the signal boost in dB the booster should have.
- Some boosters come with other functions like VoIP and modem services. Always consider buying a signal booster that has an additional advantage for you.
How to install a cable signal booster by yourself
- The first step is to find the best signal outside your house. The most crucial step in installing is locating the side of your house with the best signal. Signal strength can be achieved by your phone, using the number of bars on it.
- Install the antenna where you achieved the best signal. Place the antenna the highest point of your house, the roof being the most ideal. Also, you can mount it on a mounting pole when still on the roof. The antenna should face away from the house to the nearest cell tower.
- After mounting the antenna, connect a coaxial cable and run it to your house. You can run it into the attic or window entry point. The coaxial cable is to connect to the amplifier which should be in a well-ventilated area.
- You know which place in your house requires a signal the most and place an inside antenna near that area. Run the included cable to the amplifier. There should be a 20 feet vertical and 50 feet horizontal distance to prevent oscillation between the inside and outside antenna.
- The final step is to power the amplifier. After turning on, green lights indicate perfect working.
How can I boost my cable signal?
A weak cable TV transmission is often an indication of a much deeper problem. And with the premium price for cable TV, a weak signal isn’t encouraging at all. The good news is that there are some ways to solve the problem of weak signals without breaking the bank. However, because not all weak signals have the same causes, it isn’t a universal fix.
Get an Aerial or Fix It Properly
Traditionally, you will install an antenna on your rooftop before getting TV. Improvements in technology, however, let you get your TV transmissions from a smaller indoor antenna. If you’re getting a weak TV signal, your antenna (indoor or aerial) either isn’t enough or adequately positioned.
Your aerial should stand at the tallest point of the house (usually the chimney). It’s a dedicated receiver that will make the most of the smallest signal to which you can get access.
Install an Amplifier
Get a signal booster for your cable TV if your weak signal persists even with an antenna. It improves the performance of your antenna and lets you squeeze out every single transmission from it. It’s also useful when using multiple TVs with the same aerial by preserving your signal quality across them.
Align Your Aerial Properly
If you don’t align your aerial correctly, you won’t get the best signal it could give you. It’s especially easy to do if you have a TV spectrum analyzer. It won’t matter how suitable your aerial is if it isn’t facing the right direction at the right angle. You can get a professional company to fix it for you cheaply if you can’t do it yourself.
Remove Your Splitters
If you aren’t using a TV distributor to split your signal, remove it. Passive splitters don’t account for your signal strength while working and may give you weak signals. Most passive splitters will cause you to lose between six to 12db signal.
Get Better Cables
Not all cables are suitable for transmitting to your TV. A right coaxial cable has significant EMI and RMI protection, and even better transmission. It will prevent you from losing too much signal to interference. Something like HD100 and CT100 ensures you get precisely the signal quality of your aerial records.
Use the Best Transmitter
Some transmitters provide better signal quality than others. Ensure your aerial is receiving from the most potent transmitter around you. Also, check regularly to ensure the transmitter’s signal quality hasn’t degraded.
Do TV signal boosters work?
The primary function of a cable signal booster is to improve the quality of your TV reception. However, the numerous models and types on the market don’t all work in the same way. Typically, your TV should be able to access all broadcast channels within your locale. But certain factors like distance and terrain mean that it isn’t always so.
What Is A Cable Signal Booster?
Cable signal amplifiers are a mix of boxes and aerials that can improve your TV signal reception. It’s like buying a better antenna for your TV. The best way to use your signal booster is to plug its input directly to your aerial’s output.
Also, TV amplifiers are not a magic solution to all your cable signal issues. A signal amplifier can only strengthen the signal you already have despite popular belief. If you can’t get a transmission at all, a signal booster is not the solution to your cable problems.
Signal boosters can take the form of antennas and small boxes. It fishes out background noise from your sparse signals and boosts your antennas reach. TV amplifiers may also increase your aerial’s sensitivity to cable signals, allowing it to pick up more of them. Boosters will also enable you to get around obstructions and resolve your images and sound into more definite forms.
Common Cable Signal Booster Types
Three main types of amplifiers can improve your TV signal quality. Whichever one you choose should depend on your budget and preference.
A masthead cable signal booster resembles a small box and is very easy to use. You should install it just below your aerial for the best output but can put it anywhere you like. It provides the best signal boosting result compared to your other options.
Masthead boosters improve your signal quality as it moves through the mast, before getting to your TV. It can serve both indoor or outdoor and is usually waterproof and durable with UV-protection. This type of amplifier is the best for county homes with excessively poor signal quality.
TV Distribution Booster
One of the reasons you’re getting a weak connection may also be because you’re using too many TVs. There’s only so much broadcast to go around when your five TVs are eating it all up. Purchasing a TV distribution amplifier is a popular workaround to the problem, especially for Sky users.
It splits your cable signal in however many ways you want it. It’s significantly better than an aerial splitter because there’s no loss in signal quality. By connecting all your TVs to the distribution booster, you get the same signal quality on all of them.
Indoor Aerial Amplifier
It’s similar to a masthead booster as both of them are installed close to an aerial. You should install indoor amplifiers close to the TV instead. However, you can get even better performance from the booster if you install it close to an aerial. No matter how well an indoor amplifier functions, though, an aerial or mix of both is a better choice.
What Causes Weak Cable Signal?
Sometimes, your TV starts pixelating and breaking up so bad that you just want to break it. It’s especially annoying if it happens when you’re watching your favorite shows. There are plenty of reasons why this may be happening, but the most prevalent cause is weak signals. For the most part, this problem is either a hardware (cable and equipment) error or a broadcast (signal) one.
Unlike the old analog antennas, the new digital antennas perform significantly better. The aerials filter out interference and prevent data corruption, thereby allowing an unbroken signal transfer. So, your cable reception may not be the best if you’re still using an analog antenna.
As with all other waves, TV signals travel in straight lines and bend around obstructions. Hills, trees, residences, and similar can obstruct your cable signal strength and quality. It’s notably worse of your location is directly behind one of these things.
It breaks up, reflects, refracts, and bounce your signals. All these effects will affect the coherence and quality of your signal, distorting what you finally get. Obstructions are one of the most significant sources of weak cable signals everywhere.
The second most common reason for weak signal strength is cabling issues. Using an analog cable for a digital connection won’t give you the signal quality you should get. Most old cables lack any form of EMI and RMI protection that’s common in new ones. It makes them vulnerable to electrical interference, which reduces signal quality.
Older cables also have smaller sizes, which can only transmit smaller data packets at a time. Some wires are even too long because the longer your cable, the weaker the transmission quality.
Other cables are frayed and open, which can cause significant data packet loss. All the above issues are common causes of weak TV transmission signals.
Strong winds, high pressures, increasing humidity, and lightning are some weather conditions that can tank your cable signal. It acts as both a physical obstacle and a technical one. The high winds move your aerials and that of the transmission tower around.
It also blows dust and other materials into the air to physically intercept your signals. Rain does something similar by creating water mirrors to reflect your transmission midair. Lightning, on the other hand, generates massive EMIs for your TV.
Summer days are no better as the warm air creates a reflection for your TV transmissions. It can cause overlapping and destructive interference from multiple signals.
Using more than one TV on the same signal without a cable signal booster can weaken your signal quality. The transmission will get split in more than one way, thinning out and losing some coherency.
As internet use increases, the frequency bands for internet services also increase. ISPs now allocate internet frequencies close to those for cable TVs. It usually isn’t a problem for newer television devices because they come with filters for such things.
However, older TVs without filters may have problems distinguishing between mobile networks and cable. It’s even worse with 4G because they are sometimes more potent than your TV signal.
The 4G signal may overwhelm it and cause corruption in your reception. If your TV signal starts reducing when a new Telco mast shows up, you know this is your problem.
Wrong Antenna Choice
Not all antennas work for all broadcasts, location, or frequency. If you’re using a VHF antenna for a UHF transmission, you’ll get weak signals or none at all. The type of antenna you buy should depend on what your local transmitter uses.
This type of interference can range from an amateur radio setup causing RMIs to police. Most cable TV is susceptible to interference from other radio equipment that lacks proper frequency protection.
Your Actual TV may also have damage to its components. If your antenna is damaged, then you may get no or weak signals. The story will be the same if any integrated transmitting component gets broken.
How do you fix a weak cable signal?
Before you rush to get a cable signal booster, you should first try to see if it could be a local problem. Not all weak signal issue is due to a bad antenna and transmitter. Some of the possible problems can originate from your TV, antenna, or cable. Here’s how to troubleshoot a weak signal.
Wiring and Hardware
The first step is to check if the problem is in your wiring and hardware before checking the signal itself.
- Check for knots and bends on your cables. Look for any nick, cut, or leak in the wires.
- Check for loose connections and frayed cables. Tighten your connectors, ensure they aren’t damaged and are right for the TV.
- Gauge the signal from your aerial and see if you’re experiencing any signal loss. If the transmission on your TV is lower than on the gauge, your signal loss is from a wire somewhere.
- Rearrange the cables to avoid other electrical wiring and devices, and radio equipment.
- Disconnect all your splitters and check if the signal quality improves.
If all these steps don’t solve the problem, then the signal itself likely has a problem.
- Purchase and install a signal amplifier and see if the signal improves.
- Get an outdoor aerial if you were using an indoor one before.
- Reposition your aerial towards a different transmitter.
- Ensure it’s not a weather obstruction from hot or wet days.
- Raise the height of your aerial to avoid buildings, trees, and other obstructions.
Between the five steps above, one of them should fix your weak signal issue.
The type of signal amplifier you should get should depend on the result of your troubleshooting. You shouldn’t be using TV distributors to fix your weak signal when you’re using only one TV at home. Cable signal boosters work and remain one of the quickest ways to resolve weak signals on cable TV.