If your child rides a bike, roller blades, or skateboard their head needs protecting. Choose one of the best bike helmets for your kids in 2018 and keep them protected.
This can make a difference between life and death. Your child may not like wearing one, as it is not trendy. However, with the helmets available on our list, they might just change their mind.
Not only do they have a great design they are durable and will protect them from a head injury. The important thing is to make sure the helmet fits your kids head appropriately and comfortable.
So as good habits start directly at home train your kid from a young age to be aware of safety on the road.
Best Kids Bike Helmets
10. JBM ASTM Certified Helmet
Does your child prefer skateboarding to biking? Then they need the JBM ASTM Certified Helmet. The kid’s helmets available in assorted colors and sizes for a perfect fit. The durable shell has a soft lining that absorbs pressure when in a crash to protect their head. The helmets available in an adult size and have multiple vents making it aerodynamic.
- Has an impact resistant design with a touch shell and soft liner
- Multiple vents with an aerodynamic design with breathable foam
- The straps adjust for a perfect fit
- Sizes: small 19.7 – 20.9-inch, medium 20.9 – 22-inch, large 22.8 – 23.6-inch head
- Designed for multi-sports activities
- Material: PVC, PC and EPS foam
- Warranty: one-year
9. Razor Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
Another bike helmet for kids is the Razor youth multi-sports model. The helmet complies with CPSC standards and fits heads sized 21.5 – 23-inches. If your child is aged 8 to 14, this helmet is perfect. Let your child choose a stylish color, as there are assorted colors available. For a comfortable and secure fit, it has soft padding and 17 vents to keep their head cool.
- Cutting-edge design
- Sizes: 21.5 – 23-inches
- Ages: 8 – 14-years
- Assorted colors
- 17 Vents placed on the top and side
- Designed with side release buckles
- Complies with the CPSC standards
- The V-17 includes a sizing pad set
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
8. RuiyiF Sports Protective Gear Set
The RuiyiF comes as a complete protective set for your child. The kid’s bike helmet has elastic Velcro straps to adjust for a perfect fit. The inside has a soft mesh pad with a breathable design. The helmet is suitable for aged 4 to 12-years old. You can buy the set in three colors blue, green, and red. The set comprises the helmet, knee guard, elbow support, and wrist pads.
- The helmet has a ABS shell with air mesh sponge pad
- Fits heads 18.9 to 21.3-inches
- Has a elastic Velcro strap that you can adjust
- Suitable for ages 4 to 12-years
- Include a mesh storage bag
- Three colors available
- Seven-piece set
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
7. Smart Design Bike Helmet for Kids
For professional protection, you need the Smart Design bike helmet for kids. The helmet adjusts to fit a child’s head aged 3 to 10-years old. The body has a PC shell with EPS foam protection against impact and shock. With the adjustment dial and strap, the helmet sits securely on the head.
- Vibrant colors available
- Adjustable with a dial and elastic strap
- Sizes: 19.69-inches to 22.05-inches
- Weight: 5-ounces
- PC shell with EPS inner foam
- Can buy it with a dinosaur teeth design
6. Special Cool Kids Bike Helmet
The Special Cool kid’s bike helmet is a multi-sports safety helmet. You can buy the helmet in assorted colors. The outer shell is hard and has high-density EPS foam on the inside. The arch shape frame deploys force evenly and the ventilation holes keep their head cool. The mesh pad lining you can wash and it has an adjustable regulator.
- Assorted colors and designs
- Sold shell with high-density EPS foam
- Designed with an arc shape frame
- 10 Ventilation holes to distribute cool air
- Adjustable regulator
- Washable mesh pad lining
- One Bobby Molding Design
- The chin buckles anatomically shaped
- Sizes: 50 to 58cm for kids aged 2 to 12-years old
- Weight: 6.4 ounces
5. Bell Sidetrack Helmet
The Bell Sidetrack is one of the best bike helmets for kids. With the In-Mold polycarbonate design, it supports the EPS foam on impact. All-mountain, shape kids can use it for different sports. With the Ergo fit, you can make sure the helmet sits perfectly on your kids head.
- Designed with 15 vents
- The shell has a fusion in-mold polycarbonate structure
- Has an Ergo-Fit system
- Include a Snap-in Visor
- The buckle has a PinchGuard design
- CPSC and CE EN 1079 certified giving you confidence your child’s head is safe
- Weight: 1.9 pounds
- 12 Assorted colors
- Size: fits heads 47 – 54cm and 50 – 57cm
4. Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Helmet
The Schwinn Thrasher Microshell helmet is a head covering every little girl will love. The cute design is adjustable for small to large heads. The insides padded and it has 20 vents to keep her head cool. The kid’s bike helmet is lightweight and sold at an affordable price.
- Designed with dial fit
- For a proper fit it has side strap adjusters
- 20 Vents
- Designed with heated seal pads
- The visor you can remove
- Sizes: fits 16 to 24-inch heads
3. FunWave Kids Bike Helmet
The FunWave kid’s bike helmet you can adjust to fit a toddler to bigger kid aged 7. The helmet has a unisex design with fun aquatic fish on them. You can buy the helmet in two colors pink and blue. The bike helmets CPSC certified and has shock-absorbing EPS shell. There are 14 vents to keep your child’s head cool and easily adjusts vertical and horizontal.
- CPSC Certified
- Shock-absorbing EPS shell
- 14 Vent holes
- Soft straps that are adjustable with quick-release clip
- Adjusts vertically and horizontally to fit most 3 to 7-year old heads
- Fit dial with two padded inserts
- Warranty: 60-day
2. Joyutoy Cycling Helmet
The Joyutoy cycling helmet is suitable for kids with an 18.5 – 20.84-inch head. The shell has a PVC and EPS structure with adjustable side straps. If your child is aged between 3 and 8-years this makes for a great bike helmet. There are four colors available red and white, pink, blue, and black/red.
- One size: fits 3 to 8-year olds
- Head size: 18.5 – 20.86-inches
- Four color shades
- The shell has a PVC structure
- Adjusting knob with adjustable side straps
- Flow vents to keep the head cool
- Designed for different sports
- EPS Foam
- Weight: 10.6 ounces
1. Giro Dime MIPS Kid’s Bike Helmet
The Giro Dime MIPS kid’s bike helmet offers your child the same safety features found in adult helmets. The outer has an ABS plastic structure with EPS foam inner. For reinforcement, it has the polyurethane support on the EVA foam and removable Fit Kit foam pads. The MIPS technology is a thin layer that help protect your kids head on impact and rotates to minimize damage.
- Eight vents
- Two size options: X-small and small
- Five color shades
- Shell is made of ABS plastic
- EPS impact foam
- Fit Kit foam pads you can remove
- MIPS Technology to minimize head damage on impact
- Weight: 1.66 pounds
A kid’s bike helmet is an important accessory every child needs to have when riding a bike. With the great designs available here, we are sure that your kid will find one to wear all the time. All these bike helmets for kids will keep their head protected on impact.