Cough problems are experienced by everyone at some point in their lives. Kids are often affected by cold easily and develop a cough. Cough drops are the most popular solution to cough issues among the general people. These medications are easily available, affordable and you can take them without facing any side effects. For the best cough drops, you need to be a bit pickier because each person’s body and health differ. Even for kids, you need to choose the best cough drop according to your baby’s health and condition. The doses also differ depending on the cough and severity of it. When it comes to medicine, even if it’s only a cough drop; you need to be careful about ingesting it. Below we have listed the best cough drops of 2020 which will certainly benefit you and help you relax from constant coughing. Read on to decide for yourself.
You might want to check: Top 10 Best Humidifiers in 2020
Top 10 Cough Drops in 2020
10. The Halls Honey and Lemon Cough Drops
|HALLS Relief Honey Lemon Cough Drops, 20 Packs of 9 Drops (180 Total Drops)||$14.80||Buy on Amazon|
Lemon and Honey are a popular remedy for cough. The halls have developed this amazing cough drop to soothe your lungs and throat. The Halls are one of the best cough drop manufacturers in the world. The Halls honey and lemon cough drop come in sugar free flavors and there are 180 cough drops in each pack. The components of this cough drop include glucose, beta- carotene, oil of cottonseed, lecithin and sucrose. All of them work together to give your throat and excellent soothing feeling. The cough drops can be ingested by 5 years old and above. It takes only 10 minutes to start the soothing effect!
9. Ambrosoli Honees Eucalyptus Cough Drops
|Ambrosoli Honees Menthol Eucalyptus Cough Drops, 9-Drop Bars (Pack of 24)||$19.70||Buy on Amazon|
Eucalyptus is another interesting natural ingredient that is used to make the best cough drops. Eucalyptus, like honey and lemon, has been used for cough drops for a very long time. This cough drop comes with pure honey inside each drop, which ensures that your cough cures as well. The cough drop tastes sweet. You can this cough drop for the nonspecific coughs. Smoke related or asthma-related coughs cannot be healed with the Ambrosoli Honees drops. A pack has 216 drops.
8. Halls Tropical Fruit Cough Drops
|HALLS Relief Tropical Fruit Flavor Cough Drops, 12 Bags (360 Total Drops)||Buy on Amazon|
Another exciting and effective cough drop by Halls. Tropical fruits are one of the best cough drop ingredients. You can eat tropical fruits and see the difference in yourself. The problem is that these fruits are not easily available and are usually expensive. The Halls have replicated the components of tropical fruits and made this beautiful cough drop that tastes great as well! The cough drop has menthol, potassium citrate and eucalyptus in it. The best thing about this cough drop is that it starts working within 1 minute.
7. Luden’s Honey Licorice Cough Drops
|Luden's Honey Licorice Cough Throat Drops | Menthol Lozenge/Oral Anesthetic | 30-Count per pack |...||$13.64||Buy on Amazon|
A tasty cough drop loved by all. The Luden’s drops are one of the best coughs drops out there. This cough drop has honey as their main ingredient and also contains corn syrup, glycerin, sucrose, sodium acetate and soybean oil. 30 drops are in each pack of this. They come in a bundle of 5 packs as well.
6. The Halls Honey Lemon Cough Drop Pack
|HALLS Relief Honey Lemon Cough Drops, 20 Packs of 9 Drops (180 Total Drops)||$14.80||Buy on Amazon|
If you are looking for something portable and to carry while you are on the go, this honey lemon cough drop pack from Halls is the best cough drop pack for you. The pack comes with 20 sticks and menthol is included in its components. This cough drop comes with a better and powerful soothing property than other Hall products. Each drop can work for 12 hours.
5. SoundHealth Cough Drops, Cough Suppressant Throat Lozenge, Honey Lemon Flavor
|SoundHealth Cough Drops, Cough Suppressant Throat Lozenge, Honey Lemon Flavor, 160 Count Bag||$5.75||Buy on Amazon|
This product is a 9.5 by 7.5 by 3 inches cough drop from the SoundHealth Production Company. It is an excellent option for adults who are having a persistent and severe cough. All the products behind the cough drop are natural and free from any chemicals. Keep yourself comfortable and healthy when experiencing a severe cough with this product. SoundHealth cough drop is a honey lemon-flavoured product with unique ingredients such as Menthol, Corn Starch, Honey, Glycerin and other natural products. It is original and sugar-free. A single bag comes with a total count of 160 pieces. Other than reducing the cough, it also soothes your throat.
4. Halls Breezers Cool Berry Drops
|Halls Breezers Cool Berry Throat Drops - 300 Drops (12 bags of 25 drops)||$45.07||Buy on Amazon|
An all favorite cough drop from halls. This is the best cough drop that works like magic and tastes brilliant. Each pack contains 300 drops and is enough for a small family. These are also one of the only cough drops that do not contain menthol. Pectin is the star ingredient here. Other components are cottonseed oil, water, titanium dioxide and glucose. Anyone over 5 years can have this cough drop.
3. Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops
|Pine Bros. Softish Throat Drops Value Size, Natural Honey, 30 Count (Pack of 3)||$14.53||Buy on Amazon|
By now, we can say that cough drops can outstandingly tasty and among them, the best would be Softish Throat Drops from Pine Bros. They have gummy like textures and you can give them to children as young as 3! As this is especially for kids, it is recommended to consult a doctor if you want to use it for more than 2 days straight. Best to use this for dry cough problems. There are 32 drops in each packet.
2. Ricola The Original Natural Herb Cough Drops
|Ricola The Original Natural Herb Cough Drops - 130 CT.||$14.36||Buy on Amazon|
Excellent for both wet and dry coughs, Ricola has earned a reputation of being the provider of the best cough drops in the market. They use all the natural materials for making healthy cough drops. Ricola uses 10 different herbs, lemon and mint to manufacture their outstandingly brilliant cough drops which are popular among children. They do not use menthol as an ingredient. Kids aged above 6 can have this cough drop.
1. Fisherman’s Friend Original Extra Strong Cough Suppressant Lozenges
|Fisherman's Friend Original Extra Strong Cough Suppressant Lozenges, 40-Count Bags (Pack of 12)||$34.36||Buy on Amazon|
One of the most ancient lozenges in the history of cough drops. The Fisherman’s Friend Original Extra Strong Cough Suppressant Lozenges can treat allergies as well. They have strong anesthetic soothing function and menthol taste. There are 40 pieces of lozenges in each pack. Capsicum is one of the interesting ingredients in this cough drop. You can give your 3 years old as well!
Cough drops are sensitive and personal medicine that you will need to use often. Almost every winter gives us cold and we end up ingesting whatever cough drops are available. Choose one that you and your family like to have a healthy cough season!
You may want to check Best Cough Drops For Sore Throat
How many cough drops can you have per day?
Have you ever experienced a terrible cough that leaves your throat dry and sore? If yes, then you probably understand how uncomfortable the situation is to both children and adults. And in serious places such as workstations and schools, it tends to become disturbing for the other people. And one of the best solutions to reduce a cough is using cough drops. It is safe and poses no danger to the users. However, the cough is, at times, persistent and uncomfortable that a considerable share of people feel like taking multiple drops will help the situation. At times, it is so bad that all you want to do is consume the entire pack. The big question is how many coughs drops you can have every single day? Generally, it is safe to say that cough drops can’t cause an overdose and other dangerous effects in your system. But this fact doesn’t mean that drinking the entire cough drop will make things better. The most active ingredient in the cough drop is the Menthol which can cause an overdose when taken in the extreme. However, it is almost impossible to get an overdose from taking cough drops, even consuming large quantities. Other than overdosing, there are other health issues to keep in mind. When it comes to consuming cough drops, there is no standard way of determining the right amount thanks to the diversity of options of the cough drops. In that case, it is essential to follow the instructions of the label of the cough drop you buy.
Why do you cough a lot but not sick?
In case you are sick then a considerable share of people tend to react by coughing as a sign of irritation in their lungs and body. Health experts argue that this is your body’s defence style to get rid of mucus, pollutants and allergies. In most cases, a cough is not something that should bother you and often tends to be a symptom of a cold which clears up in two to three weeks. In some cases, that is not always the case, and there are times when you have a lingering cough even when you are not sick or after a cold is gone. And many people rise multiple questions as to why the cold is still lingering in their system. There are several reasons as to why you cough even when you don’t feel sick. They include:
- An infection: A cough mostly comes during a cold or some other lungs-related diseases. However, if the cough remains, the problem is long gone, maybe a sign of an infection in your lungs. And the coughing tries to get rid of the irritation in your system.
- Chronic allergies: Another major problem that can result in a persistent cough, is a chronic allergy
- Smoking and other genetic conditions: People will a smoking habit are at the risk of a persistent cough after a smoke
- Lung disease and asthma: Sometimes a persistent cough can be a sign of something bigger that is to come such as asthma or pneumonia
- Five ways to stop coughing: Coughing is one of the most uncomfortable and irritating situations that you can develop. Not to mention the itch in your throat that makes things worse than before. And the cough can make it impossible to sleep at night or make your day long. In that case, you are probably looking for the best way to get rid of the cough and make your days and nights comfortable. This section will explain some of the best ways to stop the stubborn cough.
- Take a cough suppressant and try an expectorant: The Over the Counter cough drugs will help you suppress all the discomfort of the cough for easy breathing and will give you a temporary relief of the cough.
- Green tea: One of the most natural ways to get rid of a cough is by taking green tea. It is a homemade remedy that a lot of people have been using in years. Other than that, it keeps your body free from bacterial and viral infection
- Take a lot of water to keep you hydrated: Water is an important part of your body. And when dealing with a persistent cough, it is vital to make sure that your body has enough water. Also, it will help you deal with infections.
- Taking honey: You have probably seen a huge share of people serve a hot cup of tea with some honey when dealing with a cold. It is a remedy that is proven to reduce cough and relax your lungs
- Use a vapour rub: It is common to see people rub menthol-scented balm on their chest in case of a cold. It is the best way to clear your lungs and nasal passage.
How do you know if your cough is serious?
It is a rare occasion to see a person visit a medical expert because of a cough. And this fact is okay since the cough often ends up, resulting in nothing and coming to an end in weeks. However, in rare cases, it may be a sign of lung-related diseases, infections and other serious chronic diseases. With that, the big question becomes how do you know if the cough you are experiencing is serious or not? One of the simplest ways to know if the cough is serious is its persistence. Sometimes you experience a terrible cough for months, even without smoking habits. This characteristic can be a sign of major lung disease. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you visit a doctor. With a cough that irritates your lungs and airways which in most cases may lead to difficulty in breathing. When you are coughing up different coloured phlegm can be a sign of a serious illness If you cough and experience night sweats or blood spit, The list above gives you simple ways of noticing if a cough is serious, and you need to seek medical attention.